Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Build a Little World With Me

 Yet another Rakuen image. IT'S RAKUEN WEEK?! D:
(Click for full size.) Notes below the jump if needed.
This scene is like, the best scene in the game btw, so when Shigi mentioned an art contest I had to jump in, even if just an excuse to draw the pic.

See, there's something really -how to word it? Important? For me in this scene from the game. I've known Shigi online for what feels like a decade now. Maybe more maybe less, I'm bad with time, but it doesn't really matter. We've shared some of the same online communities and all that.

In one of those communities I often shared my pixel work, and I was very -very- self conscious about doing so. Particularly because I'm not trying to be like "Hey look what I drew, nice isn't it? Go ahead... Tell me how nice it is~" but more like "HELP I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!" lol. I always posted for tips and advice and the sort.

And Shigi didn't do that. She saw one collective piece for this project, now abandoned, and just <3'd the sprites I made. I don't even have them anymore, but she does. Well, some of them. She saved them. She told me how great they were, she actually even messaged me how she showed other people them, it was insane.

The top right bit of that picture, shows the bakery world from this scene. Cats & dogs have a bakery, and it's adorable how they set it up (as well as many other worlds,) but that's the bit I'm talking about. The sprites used for that scene are mine, and I'm really proud of that.

Like writing an essay here proud of that.

She told me how she saved them, asked if she could use them, told me how she was planning to use them, and seemed so happy when I got to that part of the game. And I'm just really :3 about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment