Saturday, January 23, 2016

a parliament of dreams

Naturally click for full size (and silly fandom gooeyness) though if you're not familiar with Neil Gaiman's the Sandman, you'll probably miss out on the reference... Then again I probably screwed it up so badly even if you -were- familiar, you'd miss out. Meh. Best I got is to try.

Absolutely ridiculous and I probably spelt something wrong, but honestly? I spent -all- Friday on this, and the first hour or so of Saturday. I should have been preparing for snow, or working on my own game project. Doing the programming or spriting, but no. I was absolutely frustrated. Wanted to quit. Years on this stupid story and game project that seemed to constantly go no where, no matter how much I worked on it. For the last few months I've sincerely dreaded touching it. Trying to finish it was anathema to my current existence.
So of course naturally every night I kept prodding it with a stick trying to make it work.
And it made me want to throw it away.

So I took a break and reread my old Vertigo Sandman comics, by Neil Gaiman of course.

I should be a child with an imagination. Like one eighth of the world, I never really grew up. I got cynical, I even got bitter and jaded, but kids can be bitter and jaded. At least here in NYC winters they can be. But for a bit of time there, I was an old fogey bastard who wanted to give up on some stupid life's dream.

Then, as I read those old somewhat torn pages, I was reminded why I had the dream in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment